- 1 box Tolerant Green Lentil Safari Kids Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup vegetable low sodium broth
- One 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- Finely grated Parmesan (optional)
- Cook Tolerant Green Lentil Safari Kids Pasta according to package directions. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery, and cook until tender, 5-7 minutes. Add oregano, rosemary, and salt and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute more.
- To the saucepan, add vegetable broth, tomatoes, and red lentils and lower heat to medium-low. Let sauce simmer uncovered for 40-45 minutes until lentils are tender. 4. In a large bowl toss cooked pasta with sauce mixture. Serve immediately and garnish with Parmesan if desired.