- 1 box Tolerant Green Lentil Rotini
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- ⅓ cup capers drained and patted dry
- 4 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- One 6oz can tomato paste
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cook Tolerant Green Lentil Rotini according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat ¼ cup oil over medium heat. When oil is hot add capers and cook, swirling pan occasionally until capers start to open up, about 45 seconds. Transfer capers to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat the remaining ¼ cup oil over medium heat. When oil is hot add shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until shallots have softened and edges turn golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir constantly for about 2 minutes, or until well combined.
- In a serving bowl toss together pasta, shallot mixture, and capers. Garnish with pepper flakes and parsley.