- 1 box Tolerant Red Lentil Penne
- 2 medium ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cored and thinly sliced fennel (reserve fronds for garnish)
- 1/4 cup sliced shallot
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup vegan creamer (plain and unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- Black truffle oil (for garnish)
- Cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Cook Tolerant Red Lentil Penne according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Turn oven broiler on high. Place ears of corn on a sheet tray and into the oven. Roast under the broiler until lightly charred on each side. Remove from the oven, allow to cool, and cut the kernels away from the cob. Set aside.
- In a large cast-iron pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, fennel, and shallot to the pan. Continue to cook until the fennel is soft and translucent and beginning to caramelize about 15-20 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and deglaze the pan with the wine. Allow the wine to reduce until most of the liquid has evaporated. Turn off the heat, add the corn, vegan creamer, and vegan cream cheese. Stir to incorporate. Season to taste.
- Toss pasta in the sauce to coat. Divide pasta between 4 plates and garnish with fennel fronds and black truffle oil; add cracked black pepper to taste.