- 1 box Tolerant Chickpea Rotini
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
- 1.5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes, or to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, to serve
- Cook Tolerant Chickpea Rotini according to package directions. Set aside.
- Transfer pasta and broccoli to a strainer, reserving ¾ to 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Add broccoli to the boiling pasta for the last 3 minutes or so.
- Add cashews, almond milk, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and salt to a blender. Blend to a smooth paste.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon zest to the cashew paste and stir with a spoon. Set it aside.
- Heat a pan on medium-low heat and add the olive oil, then add the garlic and onion. Sauté on low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cashew paste along with the reserved pasta water. Add in red chili flakes, black pepper, and the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice and mix.
- Stir in pasta and broccoli. Toss to combine it all together, adjust the salt to taste. Add in the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon zest.
- Serve with fresh basil.