- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 2 packed tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or preferred vegetable oil
- 1 pound firm or extra firm tofu, cut into ½” thick slices and patted dry
For tahini sauce:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
To assemble and serve:
- 1 package Tolerant Green Lentil Rotini
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl whisk together tamari, sugar, and oil. Place tofu on a large baking sheet and brush both sides with seasoning mixture. Bake, flipping halfway through until browned, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together tahini, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and salt. Whisk in water to reach a smooth, pourable consistency, about ⅓ cup.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Add broccoli and cook until barely tender and bright green, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl with a slotted spoon. Add rotini to boiling water, stir, and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain well and rinse under cold water until cooled.
- To the bowl with the broccoli, add rotini, tahini sauce, carrot, and cabbage. Toss to combine. Divide between bowls and top with tofu, green onion, and sesame seeds.