- 1 box of Tolerant Red Lentil Rotini
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup fresh kale leaves chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup purified water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful basil leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Fresh mint leaves – to garnish
- Cook Tolerant Red Lentil Rotini according to package directions. Set aside.
- Before the pasta is ready, add the kale leaves to the pot. This will help the kale not to be overcooked and maintain that crunch texture.
- Heat the olive oil and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for two or three minutes
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, basil, salt, and vinegar, mix to combine, and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add pasta and kale to the sauce and add the hemp, pine nuts, and nutritional yeast and mix to combine.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve warm.