- 1 box Tolerant Red Lentil Penne
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 28 ounce canned tomatoes
- ¾ can of water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup arugula
- Cook Tolerant Red Lentil Penne according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook onions and garlic with olive oil on medium heat until soft.
- Add tomatoes and water. Break up tomatoes while cooking.
- Add salt, pepper, and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Add a large ladle of sauce to pasta and toss. Top with arugula.