- 1 box Tolerant Red Lentil Galaxy Kids Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- One 14.5oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- One 14.5oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- One 14.5oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth or water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 small ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- Vegan sour cream, optional
- Chopped cilantro, optional
- Cook Tolerant Red Lentil Galaxy Kids Pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and carrots and cook until tender, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in black beans, pinto beans, tomatoes, broth or water, chili powder, salt, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn and cooked pasta and heat through, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately topped with avocado and optional sour cream and cilantro.