- 1 box Tolerant Green Lentil Rotini
- 3 carrots, cut into ½” slices
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered if large
- 1 cup ½” cubes celery root
- 1 large parsnip, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons preferred vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, shredded
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Finely grated vegan Parmesan, for serving (optional)
- Cook Tolerant Green Lentil Rotini according to package directions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- On a prepared sheet pan, toss together carrots, Brussel sprouts, celery root, parsnips, 1 tablespoon oil, thyme, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper and spread out in an even layer. Roast until vegetables are tender and browning around the edges, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- In a soup pot heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and saute until softened, 4-6 minutes. Add roasted vegetables, broth, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, remaining ½ teaspoon pepper, and miso. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add kale and simmer uncovered until just tender, 5 minutes. Stir in pasta and remove from heat.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired.