- 1 box Tolerant Green Lentil Elbows
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving, if desired
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups ½” cubes peeled and seeded butternut squash
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable stock or broth
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, shredded
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Finely grated Parmesan, for serving
- In a soup pot heat oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and saute until softened, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and saute 1 minute more.
- Add squash, broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook over medium-low heat until squash is barely tender about 10 minutes.
- Add Tolerant Green Lentil Elbows and chard and simmer until just tender, 4 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt, pepper, and lemon juice as desired.
- Serve in bowls drizzled with a little olive oil and Parmesan, if desired.