- 1 box Tolerant Organic Red Lentil Rotini, cooked according to the directions on the package
- 1 cup Mexican tomatillos, peeled (canned works too!)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- 1 Mexican squash, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan or cotija cheese to taste
- Vegan sour cream to taste
- Cook Tolerant Organic Red Lentil Rotini according to the package directions. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Add tomatillos and cook until tender for 5 minutes then drain.
- In a blender or food processor add tomatillos, cilantro, onions, and garlic. Puree until smooth.
- In the same pot over medium heat add olive oil and salsa. Add salt and pepper to taste. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add squash, then cook for 3 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add cooked pasta.
- Serve warm and garnish with vegan cheese and sour cream.