- 1 box Tolerant Chickpea Penne
- 14oz package firm tofu, drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons preferred vegetable oil, divided
- 3 baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 4 green onions, cut into 1” pieces
- ⅓ cup vegetable low sodium broth
- ¼ cup hot honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1” piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Cook Tolerant Chickpea Penne according to package directions. Set aside to cool completely.
- Drain tofu well and pat dry. Wrap tofu in a clean kitchen towel, place in a shallow baking dish, and weigh it down with a heavy object, like a cast-iron skillet. Let sit for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Cut pressed tofu in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 12 squares. To a medium bowl, add tofu, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and pepper, and mix until tofu is coated.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add tofu and cook until golden and crispy, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer tofu to a plate.
- To the same skillet, add remaining oil and heat over medium heat. Add bok choy and cook until lightly browned 3-4 minutes. Add green onions and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch, then whisk the vegetable broth into cornstarch until lump-free. Whisk in hot honey, garlic, ginger, and salt until well combined. Stir for 2-3 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- In a large bowl toss cooked pasta with the sauce, bok choy, and green onions. Add tofu and stir together. Serve immediately.