- 1 pouch Tolerant Kids Chickpea Alphaland pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped or pressed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Cook Tolerant Kids Chickpea Alphaland pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and carrot and saute until onion is softened, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper and saute 1 minute more.
- Stir in tomatoes and broth, bring to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or a regular blender to puree the soup until smooth. Stir in cooked pasta and serve right away, garnished with parsley if desired.