This one-pot, 4-serving green lentil recipe is the perfect dish for summer as its loaded with the lushest veggies and legumes. Even better? It can be made in advance then refrigerated and baked later as needed (advance through step 3 listed below).
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into ½” half moons
- ½ pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2” pieces
- 1 (8oz) package Tolerant® Green Lentil Elbows
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons potato flour or all-purpose flour
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup coconut milk or whole milk
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the zucchini and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a colander. Add the asparagus and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to the colander. Add the pasta and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add flour and stir until onions are coated. Add broth and coconut milk and stir until thickened. Add peas, tomatoes, cooked zucchini and asparagus, and pasta. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top the pasta with Parmesan, if desired, and bake until heated through and bubbly, about 20 minutes.