- 1 bunch lacinato (dinosaur) kale, ribs removed, roughly chopped 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt For the cheese sauce:
- 2 cups bite-sized cauliflower florets
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 boxes (16 ounces) Tolerant Ⓡ Green Lentil Elbow Pasta
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- On a baking sheet toss together kale, chickpeas, oil, and salt. Roast until kale is crisp, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan combine cauliflower, carrot, cashews, and water to cover. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well and transfer vegetables and cashews to a blender.
- To blender add milk, broth, yeast, miso, turmeric, salt, and cayenne. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Transfer mixture to a large saucepan and heat gently over medium-low.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain well.
- Stir pasta into cheese sauce, then stir in kale and chickpeas.