- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten, plus 4 eggs for topping
- ½ cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan
- 1 (8oz) package TolerantⓇ Red Lentil Spaghetti
- Parsley, for garnish
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, then stir in shiitakes. Cook until mushrooms have released their liquid and are starting to brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta.
- In a warmed serving bowl, toss hot pasta with the mushroom mixture, beaten eggs, Parmesan, and reserved pasta cooking water until noodles are coated. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Crack eggs into the skillet and cook to desired degree of doneness. Top each serving of carbonara with an egg and additional black pepper, Parmesan, and parsley, if desired.